Social studies for Class 6 also contains geography as a major subject. This subject is all concept based and need no cramming at all. If you understand the topics, you can write them very easily. You need to understand each and every concept and you are good to go.
Includes 103 docs, 66 videos & 58 tests
Here are a few points that might be helpful in the way of studying Geography for class 6:
1. To be able to have a clear understanding of each and every concept in geography, your basics need to very strong and for this you need to do a thorough reading of NCERT Textbooks for class 6 Geography. The NCERT textbooks help you gain the conceptual knowledge of the subject which is very necessary. Also, NCERT Solutions for geography class 6 are provided here that will help you clear all your doubts regarding various questions from geography chapters. These solutions are entirely according to CBSE pattern and will guide you right with the questions and answers part.
Chapter 1 - The Earth in the Solar System
Chapter 2 - Globe: Latitudes and Longitudes
Chapter 3 - Motions of the Earth
Chapter 4 - Maps
Chapter 5 - Major Domains of the Earth
Chapter 6 - Major Landforms of the Earth
Chapter 7 - Our Country - India
Chapter 8 - India: Climate Vegetation and Wildlife
2. Always try to understand the events and remember the dates by relating them to present experiences. Instead of mugging up try to understand what happened after what in a battle. As far as lengthy answers are concerned, students should try to learn them in points and also write them as they learn it. This will not only save time but will also help in better retention of facts. An interesting way to remember dates is to make a timeline of events. A timeline is a sequence of related events arranged in the chronological order and displayed along a line.
3. The one thing that is very important is Revision. The notes that you prepared are the best way to revise the complete syllabus. Revision makes sure you have all the events and their dates in your mind for a long time. Revision can help you in filling up the missing dates or facts. So, you must revise before the exam.
4. Finally, practice as much as you can. Attempt Previous Year papers as they help in getting acquainted with the trend of questions asked in the exam. Practicing mock tests, sample papers and previous year question papers also helps in keeping a check on speed and the writing skills. Previous years question papers provide you a variety of important questions picked from different topics. They act as the most important resource to revise the vast syllabus of Class 6 Social Science effectively in less time.
Important Topics for Class 6 (Geography) Social Science Preparation:
Here is a list of all the important topics from all the Class 6 Geography Chapters to make it easier for you to determine the amount of time you should be giving to various chapters and topics. Initially, it is advised go through all the topics for Geography class 6 and then, focus more on the important ones given here. This a smart way of preparation. Build the basics for the subjects and then focus on the important concepts from exam point of view.
1 - The Earth in the Solar System
2 - Globe: Latitudes and Longitudes
3 - Motions of the Earth
4 - Maps
5 - Major Domains of the Earth
6 - Major Landforms of the Earth
7 - Our Country - India
- India: Climate Vegetation and Wildlife
How to prepare for SST History for Class 6?
How to prepare for SST Civics for Class 6?
How to prepare for English for Class 6?
How to prepare for Science for Class 6?
How to prepare for Math for Class 6?
How to prepare for Hindi for Class 6?
Includes 90 docs, 90 videos & 32 tests
Includes 68 docs, 222 videos & 26 tests
Includes 46 docs & 30 videos
Includes 48 docs
Includes 20 docs & 53 videos