History is like a journey through time! Through history, you'll understand how people lived in the past and how their actions changed the world we live in today!
Class 6 CBSE History will take you on a journey to discover the past and the outstanding leaders who shaped our past, along with the challenges they faced and allows you to know about the rich and vast culture of our country.
You can master this interesting subject by following right study plan and become a topper in history.
We here at EduRev , have a special step-by-step study plan just for you. By following this plan, you can make your history studies super effective and stay focused on your goals.
So, here are the steps you should follow to excel in history:
1. Understanding the Syllabus
Understanding syllabus is very important because when you know what topics and chapters you'll be studying, you can plan your study time better.
It helps you stay organized, reduces confusion,
and makes sure that you cover all the important topics. With a clear understanding of the syllabus, you can be more confident in your studies and achieve better results.CBSE Class 6 has following 10 chapters in history
:(a) Introduction: What, Where, How and When? (b) From Hunting- Gathering to Growing Food (c) In the Earliest Cities (d) What Books and Burials Tell us 5(e) Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic (f) New Questions and Ideas (g) From A Kingdom To An Empire (h) Villages, Towns And Trade (i) New Empires and Kingdoms (j) Buildings, Paintings and Books
You can find the detailed syllabus of history and all other subjects of CBSE class 6 curriculum in EduRev Infinity Package so that you have a clear direction of what to study.
So to check the syllabus you can click the link given belowCBSE Class 6 Syllabus (2023-2024)
2. Reading NCERT Textbook & Solving NCERT Questions
Reading your NCERT textbook is the very first and most important step on your preparation journey. CBSE recommends NCERT books because:
- They are prepared by experts and follow the official curriculum providing, that students get accurate knowledge in a well structured manner.
- Reading the chapter thoroughly gives you the strong base about the topic.
- While reading the chapter note down all the important information like dates and events provided as these notes will help you during your revision time.
- Remember to do the exercises given in your NCERT text book to check if you remember what you learned.
- To make your learning easier, EduRev has offered you a complete course that includes NCERT textbook and their solutions of every chapter of history. You can start your preparation by clicking the the link provided below.
NCERT Textbooks & Solutions for Class 6
3. Learning with Interactive Videos
After reading your textbook if you want to understand things even better, you can watch the videos of the chapter because they provide a real look
at the topic being discussed.
Videos improve textbooks and classroom learning by offering extra explanations
In EduRev Infinity Package you can find interesting and interactive videos in every chapter at under course of History for class-6
to help you to recall information during exams.
4. Revise with Chapter Notes & Mind Maps
Once you finish reading and doing NCERT exercises
, its time to revise the chapter using the notes you made during reading. This helps you remember everything better. Additionally, creating mind maps can be super helpful as they summarize
the chapter's knowledge into a single page.
To save your time and make your preparation strong EduRev Infinity Package includes the chapter-wise notes and mind maps. By clicking the link given below you will find notes for every chapterChapter-wise Notes For Class 6
Chapter-wise Mind Maps For Class 6
5: Test your Knowledge
Tests are a way to check how well you have understood the topic as they provide you a feedback that helps you to identify areas where you may need more practice or further understanding.
- Successfully attempting tests boosts your confidence and motivates you to continue learning and improving.
- The most interesting thing about test is they help you in remembering information better.
- EduRev has made courses in such a way that you get chapter-wise tests in the course and also MCQs tests for class 6 for further increasing your speed to answer MCQs accurately.
you can find chapter-wise test by clicking on the link given below.
Online MCQ Tests for Class 6
6: CBSE Sample Papers & Previous Year Papers
Now when you are confident about your preparation its the time to check the previous year papers and sample papers. Previous year papers provide a clear idea of how the actual exams are structured. Solving previous year papers and sample papers is super important because it helps you in many ways:
(a) Important Topics
(b) Frequently asked questions
(c) Exam pattern
(d) Boosting self confidence
You can find previous years question papers and CBSE sample papers at EduRev.
Remember, you can excel in history with the right study plan and determination. EduRev is here to support you every step of the way. So, get ready to become a history superstar and enjoy the amazing world of learning.
Similarly, Prepare For Other Subjects Of Class 6: