The process of photosynthesis is unique in following ways:-
1. Photosynthesis converts inorganic raw materials into food, that provides our ecosystem with energy.
2. Green plants provide organic food to all the animals and humans.
3. Rare fossil fuels like coal, petroleum and natural gas are formed through the degradation of the past plant and animal parts, which were originally formed by photosynthesis.
4. Plant products like timber, rubber, herbs, medicines resin and oils are derived from photosynthesis.
5. Photosynthesis helps in providing oxygen in the atmosphere required by all living organisms.
6. Photosynthesis decreases the concentration of carbon dioxide and other harmful industrial wastes that lead to respiration problems in living beings.